China-Taiwan News: China-Taiwan News LIVE Updates: Taiwan accused the Chinese army of simulating an attack on its main island Saturday, as Beijing doubled down on its retaliation for US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taipei after announcing a suspension of cooperation with Washington on key issues.
Relations between the two superpowers have nosedived in the wake of Pelosi’s trip to China’s self-ruled neighbor — which it claims as its territory — prompting calls from the UN for urgent de-escalation of tensions.
China announced it was halting dialogue with the United States in several areas, including between theater-level military commanders and on climate change, in a furor over US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan. China’s foreign ministry said it was also suspending exchanges with Washington on countering cross-border crime and drug trafficking, all moves Washington called “irresponsible.”
China-Taiwan news LIVE updates: Taiwan defense ministry says China simulating an attack on its main island
– While continuing to cross the median line of the Taiwan Strait, China’s naval vessels and drones are also reportedly simulating attacks on Japanese and American aircraft on Taiwan’s Eastern side as well as near Japanese islands.
Chinese Ambassador to the US Qin Gang rejected the accusations from the US regarding the Chinese military’s countermeasures against Nancy Pelosi’s recent Taiwan visit, after being summoned by the White House National Security Council. “Despite China’s repeated and serious warnings in advance, the U.S. has had House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visit Taiwan. This has seriously undermined peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait and China-U.S. relations,” read a statement released by the Chinese Embassy to the U.S., stressing that Washington should bear responsibility for the current situation.
China-Taiwan Conflict: Japan Scrambles Fighter Jets After Chinese Suicide Drones Approach Sakishima Islands
– The deputy head of the Taiwan defense ministry’s research and development unit was found dead on Saturday morning in a hotel room, according to the official Central News Agency. Ou Yang Li-Hsing, deputy head of the military-owned National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology, was found dead in a hotel room in southern Taiwan on Saturday morning. The authorities were looking into the cause of death.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said there is only one China in the world and Taiwan is an inalienable part of China’s territory. Wang Yi further said that it’s a complete “rumor and slander” that the US said China has changed the status quo in the Taiwan Strait.
– Taiwan’s military said it observed “multiple” Chinese planes and ships operating in the Taiwan Strait on Saturday, believing them to be simulating an attack on the self-ruled democracy’s main island. Taipei’s forces “detected multiple batches of Communist planes and ships conducting activities around the Taiwan Strait, some of which crossed the median line.
China-Taiwan tensions Live Updates: Pelosi’s visit peaceful, but Beijing launched 11 ballistic missiles, says Blinken
– China has declared four days of military exercises in six designated zones surrounding Taiwan, as part of its angry response to Pelosi’s visit to Taipei. The Eastern Theatre Command of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) which oversees Taiwan, continued to conduct joint combat exercises and training in the northern, southwestern, and eastern waters and airspace off Taiwan island for the second day on Friday.
– Taipei’s military said 68 Chinese fighter jets and 13 warships crossed the “median line” that runs down the Taiwan Strait during Friday’s military drills by Beijing’s forces.
– India has firmly conveyed its concerns to China over certain instances of Chinese combat jets flying close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. The concerns were conveyed during a special round of military talks on August 2, they said. The Indian delegation strongly pressed for avoiding flying activities within 10 km of the LAC on both sides, the sources added.
Amid China-Taiwan tensions, top Taiwanese defense official found dead in a hotel room: Report
The United States condemned China on Friday for cutting off bilateral cooperation in several key areas and said Beijing can ease tensions over Taiwan by ending its “provocative” military drills. National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said that China’s decision to halt engagement on climate change and other issues was “fundamentally irresponsible.”
– UN chief Antonio Guterres believes it is impossible to tackle the world’s biggest challenges without cooperation between the United States and China, his spokesman said Friday, as the two superpowers’ relations nosedive over Taiwan.
Taiwan tensions: China halts co-operation with the US on key issues
The White House summoned China’s ambassador to Washington to condemn the “irresponsible” behavior of Beijing over Taiwan, a senior US official said Friday.
– The long route of Nancy Pelosi’s Tuesday flight over Borneo to Taipei and a U.S. aircraft carrier’s complex passage through the South China Sea highlight the difficulties U.S. forces now face against a Chinese military keen to flex its muscles over Taiwan. The plane carrying Pelosi and her congressional delegation skirted the South China Sea – and its fortified islands – as it flew from Singapore on Tuesday, taking a longer route over the island of Borneo and the eastern side of the Philippines.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com China News
22 minutes ago — China–Taiwan news LIVE updates: Taiwan defence ministry says China simulating attack on its main island. China announced it was halting
5 Aug – 7 Aug
China-Taiwan news LIVE
https://indianexpress.com › World
14 minutes ago — China’s retaliation in stopping bilateral processes in eight key areas including defence, narcotics, transnational crime and climate change were
https://www.hindustantimes.com › world-news › top-ta
4 hours ago — The news comes hours after Taiwan’s military said that the Chinese planes and ships operating in the Taiwan Strait were simulating an attack on
https://www.theguardian.com › world › live › aug › chi
8 hours ago — China says Nancy Pelosi ‘shot herself in foot’ with Taiwan visit – video Wang called a rare news conference late on Friday,
https://www.theguardian.com › world › live › aug › chi
22 minutes ago — Local media say Taiwan official in charge of missile production found dead with suspected heart attack, aged 57; Taiwan says China carrying
https://www.bbc.com › world-asia-china-59900139
20 hours ago — China points to this history to say that Taiwan was originally a Chinese province. But the Taiwanese point to the same history to argue that
https://www.ndtv.com › World
2 hours ago — Taiwan accused the Chinese army of simulating an attack on its main island Saturday, as Beijing doubled down on its retaliation for US House
https://www.cnn.com › 2022/08/04 › asia › china-taiwan-
18 hours ago — Chinese warships and aircraft conducted military drills in waters near Taiwan Friday, crossing the sensitive median line, said Taiwan’s
https://eurasiantimes.com › World
17 hours ago — We demanded the immediate suspension of the Chinese drills,” Kishida said, as quoted by the Kyodo news agency. Chinese Drills. The Eastern
https://www.aljazeera.com › news › taiwan-accuses-chin
4 hours ago — Multiple Chinese ships and aircraft seen in Taiwan Strait, told Reuters news agency he believed it was the beginning of a new Taiwan
https://www.ft.com › Emerging markets › World › Taiwan
16 hours ago — We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest Taiwan news every morning. For two days straight, Chinese military officials
https://www.cnbc.com › 2022/08/06 › during-the-last-t
8 hours ago — time there was a Taiwan crisis, China’s low-tech military was badly outmatched by U.S. forces. Not now. Published Fri, Aug 5 202210:25 PM EDT. NBC NEWS.
https://www.wsj.com › World › Asia › China
12 hours ago — China continued military exercises near Taiwan for a second day on Secretary of State Antony Blinken called China’s actions in the area
https://www.amarujala.com › world
Translate this page
17 hours ago — China Taiwan Tension Live Updates Missile Attack Nancy Pelosi America News in Hindi चीन-ताइवान विवाद के बीच
5 Aug – 6 Aug
China Taiwan Tension Live
https://www.indiatoday.in › World
5 hours ago — Tension between Taiwan and China flared after Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan. Taiwan, according to the official Central News Agency (CNA).
2 hours ago — Why Taiwan is not trying to shoot down China’s missiles. TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — A Taiwanese social media post on Friday (Aug. 5) explains the reasons w.
2: China’s Xinhua releases photo of warship n
1: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines prime min
3: Foreign ministry hits back at China’s claim T